City - Cincinnati, OH - Ostrich feathers curled 1908
Photograph - Colorized Photo
Colorized photo from 1908 Original title: Fourth Street Photographer: Detroit publishing Location: 139 E 4th St, Cincinnati, Ohio
This is fourth street, often called the shopping district, it is also an historic area. Many of the taller buildings are still being used today. On the left, that beige building is the Fourth and Walnut Center. On the right corner is the Renaissance hotel, which at this time might have been just an office building, it's not really that clear. The next one, the pale building is the Ingalls building.
The buildings in the front however, were replaced by bigger buildings. That church on the right, was at the time the tallest and oldest church, The Church of First Presbyterian. It's unknown when or why it was removed, but its not there now. And since then a few other churches seems to have adopted that name.
As you can see it was a lively street back then, with buggies and streetcars. All those signs advertising everything from tents to ostrich feathers. There are even a few candy stores on this block.
November 10th, 2022
Viewed 1,823 Times - Last Visitor from Ann Arbor, MI on 10/04/2023 at 4:13 PM